Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving



Here in the United States, Thursday marks a holiday for us.  Thanksgiving.    I do believe that we should always be thankful for the things God gives us. 


Philippians 4:6 (King James Version)

 
 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.






Ephesians 5:20 (King James Version)


 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

The Bible has a lot to say about us being thankful or to give thanks to God our Father.  It also amazes me how prayer and thankfulness go hand in hand.

I myself and very thankful for many things that the Lord has done for me.   I am thankful for my salvation, that the Father God sent his only son to come and die for my sins, and to rise again on the third day.   I am thankful for my husband, and how the Lord has preserved him in many situations.  I am thankful for all my children.   I am thankful for the Bible college that we are priviliged to attend, and the teachers at the college who are willing to give of their time to teach us.  I am thankful for extended family and all our friends, both old and new.

So what are you thankful for?

Try to keep the attitude of thankfulness at all times....even when the going gets tough.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment